Bocas del Toro, Panama Retreat
January 15 – 22, 2022
Dearest Wellness Playground tribe,
We had to make the difficult decision to postpone our Thailand retreat once more. Our sights are set on 2023! We will keep you posted on this, but we are thrilled to announce that have an incredible, breathtaking location for our trip in 2022.
Jan 15-22, we are bringing our Wellness Playground Trip to an island off the cost of Panama, in the Caribbean waters, where we can soak up the sun, snorkel in the coral reef, play on the beach and explore the diverse nature that Panama has to offer!
In gratitude and light,
Laura & Anastasia
Wellness Playground: Inspiring & Empowering your Inner Light.
Relax, unwind and be inspired! Bring your sense of adventure and your spirit of play. For a full week, enjoy delicious, healthy meals, cleansing ocean air, time to relax and time to connect at one of our breathtaking locations around the globe. There will be daily offerings in Yoga, AcroYoga, Thai Massage, Aerial Yoga, movement/dance classes and Slacklining. You will have opportunities to indulge in massage, surf lessons, excursions to see monkeys dolphins, butterflies, sloths, and tropical frogs, and of course you will have plenty of time to relax. No experience necessary to join our Wellness Playground, just a bright smile and an open heart!
For our upcoming retreat, we have chosen to go to the beautiful island of Bastimentos, in the heart of Bocas del Toro off the coast of Panama. It is a breathtaking, white sand paradise. We’ll have comfortable bungalows over the clear blue Caribbean waters at our fabulous Eco-Luxury resort. We have reserved the whole resort! Plan to schedule your flight into Panama City (PTY), then take a domestic flight to Bocas del Toro (BOC). From there, you will take a 45 min boat ride to arrive at our resort on the island. Boats depart for Isla Bastimentos every day at 12:30pm and 6:30pm. You may also like to stay a night or two in Panama City before coming to the retreat (ask us, we have hotel suggestions!), to enjoy central America’s cosmopolitan capital that connects the world!
- Option to stay in an overwater bunglalow
- Gentle Sunrise Yoga each day
- AcroYoga, Aerial Silks, Slacklining & Thai Massage Classes
- Free access to kayaks, SUP boards
- Free access to snorkel gear to check out the colorful marine sanctuary and coral reefs
- Sloth Mangrove tour (included)
- Many other optional tours including opportunities to see dolphins, monkeys, frogs, toucans, butterflies, and to tour a chocolate farm.
- Plenty of personal time everyday to relax
- 1 hour therapeutic massage
- Absolutely amazing, fresh, organic meals, including alcohol
- Private beach access
INCLUDED IN YOUR FULL PACKAGE PRICE
- Boat Shuttle from Bocas Town
- 8 days/ 7 nights of Eco-Luxury accommodations
- 3 healthy, organic meals each day and including alcoholic drinks. All dietary needs will be accommodated.
- Unlimited filtered drinking water and fresh fruits daily
- 1 60 minute massage
- Access to the yoga studios and props
- Wifi internet in all the rooms
- kayaks, SUP boards, snorkel gear.
- Daily classes including sunrise yoga, AcroYoga, Budokon, Aerial Yoga, Laughter Yoga and Thai massage classes. Open to all levels of experience. Also, completely optional. Take as many or as few classes as you like!
- Airfare to/from Panama City & Bocas del Toro
- Extra meals/snacks
- Additional tours beyond the included Sloth tour
- Additional massages or treatments at the spa
Optional Chocolate Farm tour Learn how local cacao is grown sustainably, dried, roasted, and turned into 100% organic chocolate and nibs. You will also hike through the rainforest with the possibility of seeing howler monkeys, toucans, sloths, and poisonous dart frogs.
MANY OTHER AMAZING EXCURSION OPTIONS!
FULL PACKAGE COST:
Costs are per person and include all things listed above in the full package.
- $2650-$3450 depending on room type and if you’d like single or double occupancy. Click on the registration form for available room options.
We require a non-refundable deposit of $500 in order to reserve space in the retreat. The full balance is due by Dec 1, 2022. Payment plans are available if needed. Space is limited, so, we suggest that you send in your deposit as soon as possible to secure YOUR spot at the Wellness Playground Panama.
Most of the rooms are over the water bungalows with a king bed and a/c. Any of thee rooms could have an extra twin bed added if you’d like to share a room but not a bed. There are just 2 rooms at the resort that are set up with 2 queen beds, 1 bungalow ($2950 per person), and 1 open air loft room in the beach house ($2550 per person). These rooms may go quick, so sign up soon! The cost of your retreat includes lodging in the room of your choice, 3 meals a day, all classes during the week, a sloth & mangrove tour, boat transfers and a 1 hour massage.
1. Have your passport renewed. Triple check that it does not expire before or during our travel dates. No visa is required for US citizens.
2. Purchase your Travelers’ Insurance and have proof ready to show upon arrival. This is for your own safety and precaution as well, but not a requirement of the retreat. There are many affordable policies that have Covid-19 protection. Check out this post:
OUR CANCELLATION POLICY:
Any cancellation will result in a minimum loss of $500 USD. Any cancellation made between: Sept 1, 2021 and Dec 15 , 2021 will result in a loss of 50% of the trip price. Any cancellation made between Dec 15th and the trip departure will result in a total loss of funds. This includes cancellation for reasons due to Covid-19. However, if you are able to fill your spot with another participant, we will refund you in FULL.
We reserve the right to cancel the trip if it is not meeting the trip minimum, or if Covid-19 travel restrictions present us from traveling (if we do so, your deposit is refunded in full).
SEE YOU IN PANAMA!